Monday, December 15, 2008

Amber Landgraff


















































































Communicating Essentials

(2008)

"I set myself the task of distilling my collection of philosophical texts into their essentials. An obsessive reading of texts that could be found in my apartment took place over the course of a week and a half. A close reading with an eye for essentials changed the way that I related to the words - each time an essential was found became an event."

Amber Landgraff is an emerging artist living in the Toronto area. Her work often takes the form of performative gestures and public interventions. Recent exhibitions include the Infinite Exchange Gallery 2008 (Sub Zero, ICA, San Jose) and Eyelevel Re-shelving Initiative 3 2008 (Eyelevel Gallery, Halifax). She has also exhibited performances and installations in Toronto, Edmonton, and Guelph.

No comments: